Oh Gym Class Heroes... I miss you more than Shaq missed free throws...oooh!

“Tell me if I'm wrong, but after 26 years I feel I've paid my dues, and if you play this song just know that I live my life the way I choose, and now I stand here proud, laughing out loud for the sold out crowd but when no one's around I refuse to feel inferior to you."

These lyrics from Gym Class Heroes latest release, The Quilt, basically sum up the album, showing the difference in maturity, humour, and the subject most tackled throughout the album.
Taking on a more serious tone, Travis chooses to address all the bloggers who shit talk him on this album on more than one occasion, letting everybody know that he's done caring about what they say about him and expressing his triumph over drugs and alcohol throughout the last year. Bottom line? Move bitch, get out da way! Nothing can stop Travis now!
The sound of this album has matured right along with his attitude, approaching an almost bluesy, neo-soul style far beyond their last album. Replacing the catchy singalongs with stronger lyrics and a slower more serious touch, it's hard to miss the upbeat vibes of the last album considering how exceptionally well the music and lyrics in this album were written.
Guest starring greats such as Busta Rhymes, Lil' Wayne, Estelle, and sampling songs like Papa Was A Rolling Stone and Sunglasses at Night, GHC even shakes it up a bit by having guitarist Disashi Lumumba-Kasango singing one of the tracks.

Gym Class Heroes will be performing October 26th at the Sound Academy in Toronto with Estelle and my personal favourites THE ROOTS bitches!

SIDE NOTE: The new track Catch Me If You Can kind of reminds me of local band Down With Webster... anyone else?





I'm Sarah. I do what I want.