One Star City.... not to be confused with One Star Shitty

Rod Kimble: You look pretty.
Denise: What?
Rod Kimble: I said you look shitty. (Hot Rod)

Luckily there's nothing shitty about the 5-piece rock band hailing from Vancouver, B.C., I just really like that quote and I couldn't think of anything better to say to introduce them........
Now that I've completely lost you, meet One Star City!
Unbelievably these boys have only been together since late 2007, but you'd never be able to tell after listening to them.
Easily achieving a spot on my "best new band" list (the one in my head..), OSC comes at you with a musically poetic masterpiece of anthem-like tracks fronted by the "crunchy" guitars strumming the shit out of each power chord, followed by smooth transitions from verse to chorus, melodic breakdowns and soft yet incredibly powerful vocals. To top it off the guys also have a great sense of humour, which may not affect the music much but it definitely makes seeing them live seem very appealing.
To get a better idea, check out this quote from their myspace:
OneStarCity takes their music seriously, but they also know how to have fun, and their excitement is infectious. With sounds ranging from aggressive tracks that someone can swing a hatchet to, to more melodic and introspective tunes that are good for yachting, the band puts on a cathartic show that ranges the gamut of emotions."

They may be a hilarious band, but there's nothing funny about their music, it's just seriously awesome.

For fans of Boys Night Out, Saosin, Funeral For A Friend, Thursday etc.





I'm Sarah. I do what I want.