When The World Comes Down will you remember the All American Rejects?

So I have to say I'm really impressed with the latest All American Rejects album, When the World Comes Down.
Wait wait wait, don't leave yet, at least let me explain...

It's dope.
It's approximately 40% less whiny than the last album, and about 80% less whiny than the first.

Let me just throw it out there that I absolutely H-A-T-E the first AAR release, the self titled one (2002) with My Paper Heart and Swing Swing... more like Vomit Vomit.
Their second album, Move Along (2005) isn't too shabby, it got me through a lot of long shifts at HMV as I sang and danced along, and I can still throw it on from time to time and listen to it almost all the way through (skipping Dirty Little Secret of course!).

This album though, well it tickles my fancy in a way the band never has before.
Maybe it's the sing-a-long at the end of the first single, Gives You Hell, which by the way I love and that's a first for an AAR single.
Or maybe it's the low, grinding beat in the chorus of I Wanna that makes me want to dance provocatively all up in this shit.
Or it could even be the alluring female vocals in Another Heart Calls that compliments Tyson Ritters voice like peanut butter compliments jelly.

Whatever it is, I'm hooked. Although Breakin' sounds a little too similar to Metro Station's Shake It in the end, and Back To Me could be out of Pocahontas in certain parts of the song, it's still their best album by far.

Check it out, even if you don't appreciate AAR you still might enjoy it, if you can get past his voice...(which I love but it makes their sound a lot more lame than it actually is, in my opinion anyway ha!)





I'm Sarah. I do what I want.

SIDE NOTE: Chris James (bitch) completely disagrees with me and isn't a fan of this album but loves the first... so if you like Vomit Vom... I mean Swing Swing etc then maybe this one isn't for you... but take a listen anyway, it won't hurt anything right? Maybe just your ears but... fuck you.

SIDE NOTE #2: The female vocals in Another Heart Calls are apparently The Pierces, two sisters from Alabama. Sick voices bra!