Miclords & Sauce Funky... they are sick as fuck!

In most cases when an up-and-coming band comes to me with an album to review they tend to get insulted when they realize that, unless of course they're phenomenal, I'm actually a huge bitch and talk a lot of shit because, well, it's my site and I'll do what I fucking want to!
Except in this case Miclords & Sauce Funky are, actually, phenomenal, and my cunt ass actually has nothing rude to say for once.
Thanks a lot assholes!

Literally all morning I have spent sitting at my desk and (aside from working since that's where I am, obbbbvvviiiouuuusly) going through band after band after band trying to find something worth listening to. Nothing and nobody could hold my attention for more than 3 seconds before getting X'd.. I was sick and tired of all my usual music and despite the Internet full of bands at my fingertips I couldn't find anything I could appreciate on this lazy Friday morning/afternoon/whatever. So I decided to write this review (finally!) and holy fuck I'm an idiot, because Miclords & Sauce Funky is EXACTLY what I had been searching for all day to suit my musical mood.
D'OI!
It's seriously fucking wicked. Or, "sick as fuck" to quote their hilarious intro.
That's the thing, not enough bands let their humour shine through their music to keep things interesting and give you a sense of what they are like as people. The bands who take things too seriously get boring, but these guys are actually funny fuckers who can have a good time as well as giving you one. (heh)
It's not all about the laughs though they actually have some pretty good messages, like rape is bad, and stand up and fight for what you believe in.. "Can I get a witness!!". They even rip on money hungry bitches, or "hungry tigers" to quote me some Paris Hilton. But back to the rape song for a second (it's actually called Rebelling (R.A.P.E)).. it starts off with a girl getting pressured to kiss her guy friend and it really kind of creeped me out at first when I heard it, threw me right off, and I was like "what the fuck is this band about", but then I realized it was actually against rape, phew, and it started to remind me of one of the most epic story type songs by Immortal Technique called Dance With The Devil... the way it tells the fucked up story and actually makes the listener uncomfortable in the gut because of the strong emotion you get while listening, whoa. Pretty amazing, and the end where the female vocals complete the song made me wet. Wet for rape. KIDDING!
And musically they're good too.
With obvious influence from bands like Red Hot Chili Peppers, and a slightly Everlast-esque feel to it (remember What It's Like? Well their other stuff). They say it best themselves "you can find us chillin on a corner between hip hop avenue and folk boulevard". The entire album sounds incredibly badass, funky right from the start and encouraging me to dance in my chair at my desk. The vocals are my favourite part, the multiple singers mesh perfectly with excellent use of back up vocals and harmonies. At times they remind me of hometown sensations Down With Webster who are getting huge right now, but in a much less commercial pop way and a lot more solid (even though I love dww).. much funkier and "real".
Loves it.
You can check it out on their myspace HERE.
And check out their tour schedule below.


I'm Sarah. I Do What I Want.