The Mighty Mighty Bosstones are still around?

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones were one of the first bands ever to cross upbeat ska with hardcore punk to create ultra catchy ska-core hits almost 25 years ago and this week they just released their 8th studio album, Pin Points and Gin Joints. This is their first album since they went on hiatus from 2004-2006, their first full length since 2002’s A Jackknife to a Swan, and they haven’t changed a bit.
For most bands that statement might be a downfall, but in this case it’s a godsend.
Despite the fact that my Bosstone albums have been collecting dust on my shelf for way too long now, the second I heard the first new track I could tell instantly that they are the same band I fell in love with many, many years ago. I’d just like to take this opportunity to point out that MMB as a band is older than me by one year… and I may not be a band but I’ve definitely changed my tune many times in my life, and other than sounding slightly more mature and improving on their recording quality the Bosstones haven’t changed theirs.
If you were ever a fan of this band at any point in the last couple of decades + then you’re going to like this new album. My personal favourite track is called “Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah” which is one of the most ridiculously happy songs ever, and hilarious to boot.
You can find most of the songs streaming for free on their Myspace page.

I'm Sarah. I do what I want.