CMW: Columbia

Columbia @ Neutral
www.myspace.com/columbiaband
Can you guess where these guys are from? Nope, not that Columbia, the British one in Canada! Straight from Vancouver this almost-too-typical rock band busted out some Sloan mashed with Oasis style, 90's alternative replica tunes that had me torn apart trying to decide if I loved or hated them. The sometimes catchy, but mostly bland hooks and choruses made me grit my teeth, but the ripping guitar solos made up for any dental work the rest of the band created. The slower songs were too boring but the faster songs I could get into, keeping me on the fence for most of the performance. However, with a Suffragette City cover and a mind boggling guitarist I had fallen on the "good" side by the end of the set.



I'm Sarah. I do what I want.