CMW: The Treasures

The Treasures @ Silver Dollar
www.myspace.com/thetreasuresband
I really wish I had gotten some video of these guys but my camera stopped working momentarily while they were on stage. No word of a lie, it completely stopped focusing. Just my luck I got it working as the last song ended. Foiled again! They were one of my favourites of the entire festival this year, the soft countryish rock was soothing, with surfer-like riffs packed within wholesome folk jams. It made me think where the fuck I've been if these guys are from this area, singing about Christie Pits and shit… Everybody sang too, which was very cool to see. Each of them ripped on their instruments, decked out in plaid button up shirts, except for the drummer who stood out in his jersey, and totally deserved the attention.