Frightened Rabbit - The Winter Of Mixed Drinks

While checking out this weeks new releases one of the few that caught my eye was the new Frightened Rabbit.
This indie/rock/pop band is practically the fat free version of bands like Idlewild with more intriguing vocals. The songs are uplifting, and the soothing guitar picks my heart up and into each song in a naive, trusting sort of way and I feel myself just letting go and disappearing deep into the music. The drums instantly stand out against the many bands of this genre, adding that extra KICK neccessary to rise above all the rest. The subtle piano in the background must accept responsibility for the drool all over my shirt, another example of how the band manages to set themselves apart from the oversaturated indie rock market.

See for yourself here.

I'm Sarah. I do what I want.