"Willie Nelson take me home"

Leaving his punk roots behind with the now deceased Anchor Down (shame) Alexander Hudjohn, former singer/guitarist for the band, calls home to his softer side for his new solo project "Acreage". The singer/songwriter material is clearly country inspired as he cries out to Willie Nelson in the song "Last of the Troubadours", and on his myspace describes his music as "the music I play when I have too many beers and put on my Waylon Jennings records."
His low raspy vocals work just as well in this form as they did spitting punk rock, and the lyrics are more mature and sound like he's reached a new era in his life both musically and personally.
Annnd there's harmonica.
Which I am a little obsessed with hearing right now, so the song "Camels and Caffeine" especially pushes me into the love barrel with this EP.
You can download it for free here: http://alexanderhudjohn.bandcamp.com/

I'm Sarah. I do what I want.