Adam Young Needs To Fuck Right Off.


Seriously, what a fucking douche bag.
In case you don’t recognize the name, he’s the loser behind Owl Shitty and now some bullshit side project called Sky Sailing.
What I seriously don’t get is why he’s splitting himself into two projects when, realistically, every song by both Owl City and Sky Sailing sound the exact same, are all done by him alone in his parents bedroom on a computer, and once again THEY SOUND THE EXACT SAME.
Just because one set was done a few years before he made a name for himself as Owl City doesn’t mean it requires an entirely new persona.
I could understand if the songs sounded completely different, but COME ON!
As if I ever attempted to debunk the fact that he was seriously trying to be the next Ben Gibbard because by pulling this little stunt he’s clearly got it in mind to recreate the whole Postal Service/Death Cab For Cutie era which, in my opinion, was a thousand times more justified being split up into two separate projects.
Whereas, Adam Young is NOT Ben Gibbard and, NOBODY CARES!
What cracks me up the most and at the same time makes me want to cock slap him for being so lame is his explanation on the myspace:
“Never expecting my music to be heard anywhere but by my parents through the floorboards above, I wrote for my own ears. I was both artist and audience and I called myself Sky Sailing.
I've kept these recordings secret for a long time and they've never seen the light of day until now. Long before Owl City was ever a spark of a flame, a lot of blue-collared working days were spent absentmindedly daydreaming about what would ultimately become this collection of songs. From the perfectionist musician's perspective, a song is never truly "finished" but rather "abandoned" and thus, after a lot of inspiration and reckless experimentation, I emerged from the basement with a 11 song record which I affectionately entitled, An Airplane Carried Me To Bed.
This album is a step into the past, the documented account of a shy boy from Minnesota with more hopes and dreams than he knew what to do with. When you listen to this record, you can hear naivety, innocence, inexperience and the wide-eyed imaginings of a wishful thinker. It's both light and dark, optimistic and melancholy. Unpolished and dusty, it's an antique and therefore holds a truly unique and graceful aesthetic within. Though there has always been just one artist behind the music, before there was Owl City there was Sky Sailing and I consider it a great honor to finally find this opportunity to share it with you. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating it.
If by chance you ever feel as though you've come to know these songs or empathize with the emotions therein, please consider yourself a friend of mine because in a manner of speaking, you know me. As the saying goes, one can truly glimpse the artist through his/her art, and that expression certainly proves faithful in my case. This music is my heart and soul. This is who I am.
With that being said, I am so very glad to meet you.”
Hmm, how about you talk yourself up a little more huh? Tell us how to feel when we hear your songs, please, paint the picture with a blog entry as opposed to letting the music do it itself. Seems like fame has really done a number on his ego, which is both inflated and big, annoying and irritating, and just outright retarded.
My guess is that these songs were actually written after Owl City, but he spent the only talent he had with that project and couldn’t come up with anything just as good or better, therefore had to lump together this load of crap that he couldn’t release as a new album and made up a new name for it and a whole fairy tale back story as an excuse as to why it’s so much worse than the album that made his name known. Thus allowing him to still release these songs in an attempt to make more money, while not associating it with the much better songs of Owl City and leaving the option open for him to continue with that once he actually writes another song worthy of “Fireflies” fame.

WHAT, a loser.

I’m Sarah. I do what I want.