Kadawatha, BITCHES!

Wow, it's been a while since I've actually written a review of anything, oops!
It's not like I don't have albums to write about... but my new apartment has proved to be a pretty much constant party and for the last month my mind has been a haze of whiskey hangovers and too many cigarettes (oh shit, back on those again. quitting fail.) And when I'm not drinking/hungover I am constantly procrastinating doing anything productive with my good friends Donkey and Diddy Kong.
Unfortunately I'm stuck on a level right now that's totally pissing me off so I'm actually going to spit something out of my ass for a band called Kadawatha from Sri Lanka I'm assuming.
And by spit out of my ass I mean write to the best of my abilities... in this mindset.
Not only is this house ruining my brain cells but it's also destroying my ability to stay un-genre-biased with bands and I find myself discriminating more and more against anything that isn't punk rawk motherfucker. I blame my snobby punk loving roommates (haha I wonder if they'll ever read this, just kidding guys... but you know it's true).
A few months ago when I lived with two girls who listened to 13 year old girl oriented music I definitely was able to open my mind up a lot more to that point of view. Back then it wouldn't have taken some serious holding back on my part to write this review, because as a more emo/rock/Angels & Airwaves type of sound Kadawatha is just something for the 12 year old in me............wait, that sounds bad.. the 12 year old girl in me, like me in me... or whatever. This same girl has been slowing getting buried alive for the last month though and now based on the A&A similarities alone I would rather just write the band off.
Truth be told though, even though I want to hate it the music has this hook to it that I can't shake and I find myself hanging in there. On the surface it may not be something I want to take seriously but when you actually listen it becomes catchy as poop. The vocals are my main focus, the range is impressive although he goes a little too over the top at times (like we get it, you can hit high notes, chill) but aside from that it's all very well put together, not too technical and kind of spread out with this new U2-like epicness, mixing a slew of different styles in with this aerobics class for the throat.

Try not to get even a little bit hooked and visit their myspace.
They will be appearing on the Honda Civic Tour this year so check out those dates while you're there.

Werd.
I'm Sarah, I do what I want.