My Failed Attempt At An Industrial Review

When I was asked to review Maqlu, a female industrial/electro/rock/noise act from hell - and by hell I mean I have no idea where she's from - I immediately cringed at how horrible I knew the review would turn out.
Sarah does not do industrial. EVER!
A friend of mine told me to compare it somehow to the old Toronto industrial band Malhavoc, just so it sounds like I know what I'm talking about.... But let's be honest here, I totally do not.
I don't listen to industrial.
I don't particularly like industrial.
I definitely don't get industrial.
And the Black EP from Maqlu is no exception.
Even with some electro/alt rock tweaking through each song I still can't decipher much more than vomit-inducing noise coming from the speakers.
I don't mean to be rude, because I really don't know what is considered good industrial vs bad industrial... in my mind it's all bad... but my ears start to ache along with my stomach every time I try to get through a song.
Boring and dark.
Both of those characteristics are complete opposite of my personality and so there's no way to relate.
I feel like I should use that old actor's trick and dress up in complete goth gear in order to understand the character of the music.
But frankly I'm far too lazy and don't think it would help much.
I'm also brutally sick already today and haven't even gotten out of bed... so the last thing I want to do is have to book it to the bathroom with vomit in my mouth. Ew!

I'm Sarah. I do what I want.