Nicole Atkins – Mondo Amore

SO I just received a preview of this album in my inbox from Razor & Tie, and since I appreciate this label lots I felt obligated to review it.
Otherwise might have turned it off after 30 seconds of the first song, because I’m an asshole like that when it comes to vag on the voc's.
It might be okay though, despite making me very uncomfortable with the nibble content, I don’t like that word I decided.. nibble nibble nibble… kibble… and bits?
I feel like she’s singing about dogs, licking from the bowl, yadda yadda, and this isn’t good music for dogs. Dogs are hyper creatures who need constant attention and entertainment, unless they’re sleeping which they do a lot…. No way man, Nicole Atkins is not suitable for dogs.. much too slow, and dragging, and all that nibble talk would probably just remind the dogs of kibble and make them way too hungry.
(song: “Vultures”)
By the second song "Cry Cry Cry" I've changed my mind about the album even just being okay based on her sub par lyrical content. Each line is simple and obvious, something that a child could probably come up with.
I don’t know if I can say that the album is bad, musically it’s not exactly BAD, as much as … boring… bland… bad… no wait, NOT bad not bad, ummm….. I don’t know, I can’t think while it’s playing, it’s attacking my brain, and I know this is just a case of broad ….. (wow while the music was playing I literally had no thoughts, I had to stop it to be able to figure out what word I have been trying to use here…) *ahem* broad DISCRIMINATION… am I sexist? MAYBE. I sure as hell ain’t no feminist. But no, I don’t think it can be pigeonholed as that if I couldn’t even THINK when it was in my headphones… basically I felt like my head was going to explode unless I turned it off…

Wow, I feel bad, the album isn’t even out until 2011 and here I am already hating on it. I’ll do Razor & Tie a favour because they rock and just stop, now, at track#4.
Hey, who knows what a few months time could do to my taste in music right!

I'm Sarah. I do what I want.