Bird Names - Metabolism: A Salute to the Energy of the Sun

To be honest I listened to this album basically by just continually skipping ahead 15 seconds at a time through each song.
It's very weird.
Not negatively weird per say.. but most of it is like music-less-noise-music in a completely artsy indie kind of pop way and I'm not so much an artsy gal. The more music-filled-songs I kind of enjoyed, like a really new age Doors combined with a very 50/60's driven Black Lips type band.
A little too experimental for every day listen, but I could see myself putting it on as background music while smoking a joint and closing my eyes/chewing some shrooms and staring at the wall.
Nonetheless I still find it pretty cool... I'll look forward to that day where I'm in the right mood to hear it in full.

Download the single "Phantoms and Fortunes" here!

I'm Sarah. I do what I want.