The Decemberists - The King Is Dead

It's pretty much a given that the new Decemberists album is good.
What surprised me about The King Is Dead though is the short amount of time in which I was convinced that it's to be one of my favourite albums of 2011. I mean it's only January 3rd, this is the first new album I've listened to of the year and I'm still only on track #1.
It basically comes down to one word:
HARMONICA - a helluva lot of it.
... and I'm in harmonica heaven.
... and deeply in love with this new album.
The Decemberists can do no wrong, clearly, but I'd actually go as far as to say this is their best album to date.
... and I'm only on track #4.
Unless the remaining songs crash and burn I'm reserving a spot on the 2011 Year End - Best Of list for the album already...
It's THAT good.

Check out a stream of the album here!


I'm Sarah. I do what I want.