SEX IN THE FORM OF OLD SCHOOL PUNK ROCK.

I REPEAT: SEX IN THE FORM OF OLD SCHOOL PUNK ROCK.
That would be the 120 & the Fighting 68's that I'm referring to here.
This band is a total throwback to the kind of punk rock I grew up on.
Old school, hardcore'ish - but not the 'hardcore' of now, the legit hardcore - basically if Dillinger Four and the Dead Kennedy's fucked back stage at a Stooges concert this would be their love child.
I LOVE IT!
What I love most (aside from the multiple voices - all members share lead vocal responsibility which is my favourite) is that throughout their entire 13 song album no one person or one instrument stands out against the others because they are ALL representing some serious good shit, and able to compliment each other while showcasing what they themselves can do. I'm normally a sucker for bass which in this case is FANTASTIC, but not above the crazy awesome solo'ing guitar and the drums that constantly drive the beat to your ears hard and fast.
UNITY, as one stand together!
All hail the St. Thomas/London Ontario area!
All week long I've been perusing punknews.org listening to all the wicked bands with streams up right now and waiting for one to really speak or sing or whatever to me so I could have something to get really into this week, and this here album Anthems and Anarchy has blown all that punknews.org greatness right out of the dirty punk rock water.
Hands down my favourite album of the week... and when I say this I am indeed including the new Dave Hause and Chixdiggit! that I reviewed earlier on. As AMAZING as those both are, the 120 blah blah's represent everything that I was looking for in whatever music mood I am in these days.
From the band name to the album cover (which includes 2 punk anarchists high fiving in front of a Walmart!) to the song titles ("The Awesome Song", "One More Beer", "The Bitch is Crazy") to the old school punk rock sound.... I LOVE IT.
On a scale of flaccid to boner my dick is a hard leaky faucet full of jizz.
(IF I had a dick it would be, just so we're clear.)


I'm Sarah, I'm so awesome.. so goddamn awesome!