Wham Bam Thank You Spaceman!

Last night's show at the Bovine was one of the most epic experiences of my life.
No Use For A Name, Good Riddance, and Belvedere are 3 bands that easily sum up my obsession with punk music as a teenager, and still to this day bands I listen to regularly.
The Flatliners are one of my favourite discoveries in punk music since.
To have singers from each of those groups performing under one roof, at the BOVINE of all places (which is practically my second home) was a pivotal moment in my show going career and something I won't ever forget.

I don't even want to ruin the experience by analyzing it for a review, so I'm just going to gush a bit about how wicked it was instead.

Having never seen Good Riddance or No Use For A Name before I can't even begin to explain how exciting it was to witness Russ Rankin and Tony Sly stripped down to just an acoustic guitar and them alone on stage.
Russ Rankin left me dying to see Good Riddance perform.
Tony Sly left me satisfied even if I don't get a chance to see No Use.
He gave me shivers with every single song he performed which he had written for the band way back when, and blew me away with every new song I heard.
The most amazing part of the night though was when he sang "International You Day", and I almost cried. I'll accept it if you call me emo.


Check out the interview I did with Tony Sly before the show!

Seeing Steve Rawles with his acoustic folk rock set was like seeing an old friend for the first time in years. I miss the crap out of Belvedere but am not sad on what he's doing now, it gave me multiple eargasms.

Chris Cresswell was the biggest surprise of the night, on stage alone with just a bass drum and his acoustic and that phenomenal voice, spitting out the most awe-worthy songs of the night. He reminded me of one of my idols Dave Hause, and let's just say the floor at my feet was covered by an embarrassing amount of pre-cum after his set... he could have easily been the peak performance of the night sending both me and my vagina home happy had he been the last. I hope he keeps this up because I need to see it again.

I'm Sarah. I do what I want.