3 D's: Drink! Dance! Destroy!

I have to start this off by saying that I am extremely picky when it comes to female vocals, as you probably know if you've read certain reviews of mine, and when it comes to punk rock it's very rare that I get into bitches singing.
In the case of Teenage X I started off thinking that her voice was 'just alright' but I would like the music more if it were a boy singing...
Does that make me racist?
errr I mean sexist?
By the 3rd track, "Boom", I started wavering, and by the end of the album I was gung-ho on the vagina-vox!
Her voice really works with the music they play, and she spits out those lyrics in a way only a woman could.
In other words: SEXISM IS OVERRR!
Gurrrrrrrl, you slayed me.
It helps that there are male gang vocals in the background of most songs, which I appreciate lots. The mention of Steve McQueen in the 2nd song also helped, although I'm not sure why or how.. Steve McQueen is just that awesome.
The music itself spans from cute pop punk, to something you'd expect to find on a Fat Wreck compilation, all the way back to Stooges style 70's punk rawk. While many bands would just end up sounding lost and confused by such variety, Teenage X do it well and it works, and satisfies every ounce of restlessness in me.
The fast paced drumming is by far the driving force of the band and works as the glue to hold each sound together. Definitely my favourite part.
The title of the album is also great, Drink Dance Destroy, triple DDD's! It reminds me of Dolly Parton's tits.
Side story: A few years ago I dressed up as Dolly Parton for Halloween and my friend dressed up as her/my tits. THAT'S how big those puppies are, they need their own person to pull off the costume. Not sure if they're DDD's exactly but that's beside the point.
The point is I'd motorboat this album.



http://www.myspace.com/teenagexrocks

I'm Sarah. I do what I want.