He Is We @ El Mocambo

Oi!
I have no idea what I was thinking when I agreed to see He Is We at the El Mocambo in Toronto last night.
I am fairly certain I had them mixed up with another girl/boy folk duo, one much much less pre-teen pop, and one that isn't uttered in the same sentence as 'Justin Bieber' by fans, EVER.

Unfortunately (for me) my error led me into the depths of young Bieber/T Swift/Disney loving hell, and it was packed wall to wall with a crowd that I normally avoid at all costs.
As much as I want to bash the show I've decided to look at it from the eyes of my 12 year old self. Except my 12 year old self had wayyyyy better taste (punk raawwwwkkk mofo's) but whatever.
Each kid seemed to be peeing their pants over He Is We's performance. And I have to admit, the vocals were quite beautiful, and aside from the superpop structure the songs were quite well written. My real problem came with trying to distinguish which was the girl and which was the boy on stage... bahahahahaha. ew.
That said, it was far from my scene and if I go on about this band I would probably lose whatever credibility I have left, and trust me I have very little.
Judging by the feedback from facebook and twitter though it was a huuge success for real He Is We fans, and that's what counts.

And for those of you who care you can download a free mp3 of the "I Wouldn't Mind" remix RIGHT HERE.

All you pre-teens who weren't there last night should probably 1)stop reading my blog and b)go see them at one of their remaining headlining tour dates:

July 6 - New York, NY @ The Studio at Webster Hall
July 7 - Cambridge, MA @ The Middle East
July 8 - Teaneck, NJ @ Mexicali Live
July 9 - West Chester, PA @ The Note
July 10 - Vienna, VA @ Jammin' Java
July 12 - Nashville, TN @ 12th & Porter
July 13 - Fayetteville, AR @ George's Majestic Lounge
July 28 - Dallas, TX @ House Of Blues *
July 29 - Austin, TX @ Stubb's *
July 30 - Houston, TX @ Warehouse Live *
August 1 - Mesa, AZ @ Nile Theater *
August 2 - San Diego, CA @ Epicenter *
August 3 - Anaheim, CA @ Chain Reaction *
August 4 - Upland, CA @ The Wire *

^ w/ Ocean Grove and Andrew Allen
* w/ Ocean Grove and More Amore

I'm Sarah. I do what I want.