The Regime - 2011

So, I've been listening to a lot of Wugazi lately (Fugazi + Wu Tang Clan mashup album, it's wicked FYI) and so the first thing I thought of when I listened to 2011 by The Regime was the similarity they have to Fugazi (sans the Wu). Right off the bat that's a great comparison and enough to thoroughly interest me.
And throughout their 13 songs my interest never once wavered.
Each and every track really puts the 'rock' in 'punk rock' this time around for The Regime. It's a rager of an album, totally tumultuous with a raw, live feel to it.. but with the tightness of your grandma's butthole - and bands like A Wilhelm Scream who's technicality never suffers whether it's live or recorded.
Each song serves to push me further back into my high school era of punk rock when bands like Circle Jerks, Fugazi, Hot Water Music, Jawbreaker, Paint It Back and Propagandhi (I could go on but I think you get the idea) were all constants in the cd player all of us CDCI East punkers listened to in the halls at lunch.

In other words, FUCK YEAH THE REGIME.

LISTEN TO/BUY THE ALBUM HERE.

I'm Sarah. I do what I want.
(Sorry about the lack of pictures, computer problems WHOMP)