Belvedere, Belvedere, Belvedere!

It's true that if you wish for something hard enough it will someday, finally come true.
Like saying Beetlejuice 3 times over, except in this case gratification wasn't so soon coming.
It only took 7 years of repeating Belvedere's name and songs over and over in order for them to come back to life.
Oprah's right. The SECRET to success is being positive. (OPRAH FOR PRESIDENT!)
I now know the meaning of faith. I believed that it was possible to get to see one of my favourite bands just one more time. And it happened this past Friday. And I am still reeling from the amazing-ness of it all.

But I'll get to that.

First, I have to talk about A Wilhelm Scream who went on stage before zombie-Belvedere. I almost missed them because of a cute cat (don't ask) and I'm damn glad that pussy didn't keep me longer than it did (I really am talking about a cat here) because, and I can NOT say this enough, A WILHELM SCREAM ARE THE BEST LIVE BAND EVERRRRRRRRR. I crap you not. It doesn't matter how many times I've seen them the past couple years because they are equally as good if not BETTER THAN EVER every time. On album this band is good, but golly gee they are MADE for the stage. If I ever had to pick ONE band only that I could see perform for the rest of my life any time I wanted, I would choose them. I am being honest when I say I almost cried when they walked off the stage at this show. I couldn't help it, I just wanted... NEEDED... more AWS. Even though it meant Belvedere was coming up I couldn't face the end of their set.

Sidenote: I must say I never realized how similar A Wilhelm Scream and Belvedere are. They complimented the shit out of each other at this show, like a good burp compliments the chef.

BELVEDERE BELVEDERE BELVEDERE !
WET PANTS WET PANTS WET PANTS !
Oh how the memories rocked my face off as soon as they started playing.
I have never heard this band sound so ... professional? The Opera House sound sure trumps any venue I saw them at in Cobourg, and to hear and see them on the massive stage was just unreal.
THEY SOUNDED SO FUCKING GOOD.
I was literally frozen in awe their entire set.
For a band resurrected from the dead after 7 years they were tight and on the ball like the zombies in 28 Days/Weeks Later or the Dawn of the Dead remake, not slow moving Day of the Dead style like you'd expect from the 7 years dead.
"For a band who played most of their career in front of nobody it's a real pleasure to come back and see you guys" said Steve, clearly moved by the sold out crowd. They spent a lot of time pointing out the faces of people they remembered, those who were front row at every local show, and those whose floor they crashed on back in the day.
I think it was moving for everybody in the venue, especially the guy who was standing in front of me... a big motherfucker who literally, and this is no joke, wiped a tear from his eye after the band said this.
I can't blame him. The air was full of genuine excitement, love and pure happiness. It was almost too much hearing the crowd scream back every single word of a band who we all thought was long gone, I felt like I could have exploded, in the best orgasm kind of way.
Although their set seemed to be cut short after promises of playing for two hours, I don't think anybody walked out of there at all disappointed... including the band. They ended the show with a "thank you for not forgetting us" and I'm pretty sure I was the one wiping away a tear at that point.

Amen.





I'm Sarah. I do what I want.