The Canadian Shield: Rocks who rock.















(I DID NOT MAKE THIS PICTURE I STOLE IT FROM GOOGLE SHHHHHH DON'T SUE)

I don't know if my brain is just in the middle of a long-winded fart, but I just cannot pinpoint who or what The Canadian Shield - a 2 piece from Toronto - remind me of.
I feel like it's a painfully obvious band, but I can't put my finger on it.
BLARGFARTS!
Aside from this question mark band these guys also give me ear-visions of Bruce Springsteen on one hand, and The Constantines on the other.
But what they really sound like is Canadian.
And like they belong in the late 60's, early 70's when true bluesy rock n roll was really making its mark in history.
Scratch that, they don't belong back then considering their indie sing-a-long parts like in "Out of my Hands" and "66 Spadina" that just drive the woman in me WILD, but they are MORE than worthy of that era in rock and roll.
Their 7 song EP Songs for the Dead In Love has already made it to the 'Top Played' list on my iTunes and it's only been a few days since it was added. Each song is beautifully structured and it's almost impossible for me to believe they're sound is created by only 2 people.
There's something Doors'y about that.
Check them out.



I'm Sarah. I do what I want.