HOLY FUCKING HANGOVER BUTTMAN

I am fucking hungover.
I mean really fucking hungover
My stomach is like a bubbling pit of puke that I have been struggling to keep down all day.
I hate tequila.
I hate that I love tequila.
Just thinking about it makes the vomit volcano inside me start to rupture.
Last night, minutes after I arrived at the Victim Party, Cobra Skulls and Riverboat Gamblers show I got a call from my parents letting me know my dog was getting put down. She was the Lassie to my Matt, the Toto to my Dorothy, the Shadow to my Peter, the Snowy to my Tintin.
(which reminds me of this: Skip to 5:50)


So anyway, I decided that I would fight the sadness with many, many shots of tequila.
BAD IDEA JEANS
Now I'm sad AND hungover.
BUT, it did work last night. With the help of a few awesome fucking bands that made it impossible to focus on anything negative.
For reals yo, The Victim Party had me smiling and singing and dancing within minutes of their set. It was quite honestly the best they have ever been. The sound was impeccable, loud and clear, and the energy on stage was undeniable. The singalongs, the jokes, the ripping guitars and bass and crazy ass drums, all of it was just absolutely perfect. It blew my mind, and my load was blown along with it. They are one of Toronto's best bands and I don't get how they aren't headlining sold out Opera House gigs yet. WHAT IS WRONG WITH TORONTO MUSIC FANS? Where are you guys? Turn off that popular indie crap, remove your fake ugly hipster glasses and v-necks and start fucking paying attention to the real talent in this city. GAWD. The Victim Party remind me so much of The Briggs, who are one of my favourite bands that I listen to at least 3 times a day. Holy shit are they ever good (referring to both bands here).
Cobra Skulls saw Victim Party's amazing flawless set and raised us another amazing flawless impeccable sounding set. Holy fuck. They were fucking awesome. I don't remember TOO much but I remember being absolutely intimidated by their awesomeness on stage and wondering how I ever managed to sit down with them and interview them last year. I'm nervous just thinking back to it!
By the time Riverboat Gamblers hit the stage I was absolutely fucked off my ass and still doing more shots at the bar. Needless to say I do not remember anything from this point on... not their set, not the nachos we ate, not the bike ride home or the 10 minute phone conversation with my boyfriend. Yikes. Excuse me while I throw up.

I'm Sarah. I do what I want.