Turnpike Glow + Hayley Bonar + TV Snow

I sat down just now to review Taylor Swift's album Red, but every time I went to type out how much I fucking love all her 'fuck you' break up songs I couldn't help but hear my street cred disappearing, and all my 'punk rawwwk' fans un'like'ing my Facebook and Twitter... so I decided not to waste more time destroying my own integrity and instead consult the massive list of review requests that I have been ignoring in order to sing along to "Red" and "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" like the 12 year old dork that I truly am.

So here are some respectable (but short) reviews instead.

Turnpike Glow
These guys had me hooked after one listen to their short 4 song EP. Based in the UK and produced by Dave Newfeld (Broken Social Scene, Los Campesinos), they have that cheeky indie Brit rock sound fused with summer-perfect synth pop that makes you want to dance even though it's currently winter. I can't get enough of them, especially the last song on this EP. I keep thinking of Phoenix and OK GO copulating on a hammock in the sun, the lovely juices they produce together morphing in to this band. GROSS? Nah.


Hayley Bonar
Hayley is a singer/songwriter from Minnesota who blends beautiful Alt-Americana and indie rock and often collaborates with Andrew Bird, so you know she's good. And by good I mean damn good, gorgeous voice, beautiful songs, AND HER LAST NAME IS BONAR. I am respectively holding back SO MANY BONER JOKES only because her music is so pure and non-sexual that I feel like a huge hard prick (AKA BONER) even mentioning dicks when referring to this lady. But, alas, I managed to without meaning to.


TV Snow
Hot diggity, these guys have an album called Red. WHAT A COINKY DINK. Although it's not exactly my cup of tea (as in, it's no T-Swift) but it's solid, happy-go-lucky indie rock that's definitely worth checking out if you're into that sort of thing.


I'm Sarah. I do what I want.