XChristCOREX : XGODX + XHARDCOREX = XCHRISTXCOREX

Ok. So, ChristCORE is a documentary about Christian hardcore kids who have serious worship sessions at shows and like, these bands basically preach to them through their songs?
To me, it just sounds like an episode of South Park.

I just can't take it seriously at all.
The intro shows all these kids in the audience of some really shitty sounding hardcore band, with their arms raised above their heads all straight edge like. I can honestly say I have never witnessed anything like that, so I'm a bit intrigued by it at first.
The doc is made by this dude named Justin who grew up on bands like AFI, SNFU, and Propagandhi. He had a super strict, shitty religious upbringing, is now an atheist and has played in many actively atheist hardcore bands. That said, it's hard to tell if he's coming from an anthropological curiosity or just wants to make them look shitty. He openly admits to being devastated when he realized that the Christian scene existed in hardcore.
He doesn't come off as a dick when he's talking to the kids either in the bands or going to the shows.. and asks pretty open, honest questions. One kid - who was so short that they had to film from basically the ground in order to make him look like somebody you would want to take seriously, which I laughed really hard at because I'm a shitty person - describes the scene as if it's their church service. Blah blah blah they don't fit in going to old people church, so this is the way they worship.
Shrug?
It makes sense. To each their own, right? Another kid talks about how he's not opposed to gay marriage, and that everybody deserves to make their own decisions in life despite what he believes, and another kid draws attention to his badass scar before saying 'I think it's from a cat!", soooo like, whatever. I'm quickly losing interest in the subject at hand. I usually love watching documentaries about people completely different from me in one way or another.. the world a hundred years ago or like, to be honest anything serial killer related (I'm not a psycho I promise!), but like this is just about fuckin' hardcore kids who believe in God and use music as their outlet for it. The world has so much more fucked up shit happening in it that needs to be drawn attention to, exposed, fixed... I'm not concerned with what these kids do for fun. Not if the message they're sending out isn't hurting anybody.
What I AM concerned about, however, is WHY THEY ARE WORSHIPING / PASSING ALONG THE MESSAGE OF GOD THROUGH SUCH TERRIBLE TERRIBLE MUSIC!!!????!?!?!?!?!
Doesn't God have ears?
What if God was one of us? Just a Ramones fan like one of us? Just a crusty punk who can't afford the bus, trying to make his way home?

Thank you and goodnight.

I'm Sarah. I do what I want.