DEFORESTERS .... A REVIEWester

I saw this band the day I got back from Pouzza Fest and I'm JUST reviewing them now.
HOW RUDE OF ME!
Since it's clearly a little late for a show review I might as well just 'review' the demo they have up while I'm at it.
But first of all, *backtrack* .. if you want to know how good they are live it can be summed up by what I went through the night I saw them...

After a 5 day vacation that included traveling to Pouzza, partying very hard, and taking the uncomfortable train back to Toronto after very little sleep just to nap for less than 30 minutes, shower and then bike my ass down to see yet ANOTHER show...
= WORTH IT.

Fast forward to after their set when it immediately started pouring and storming on me as I biked home, soaking me and giving me my third shower of the day ... and I HATE showers....
= WORTH IT.

You feel me?

Now, as far as the tetrad of songs they have up on their bandcamp...
They are an impressive collection of melodic backwoods punk rock, full of beer soaked, boy-thick singalongs that would make any lumberjack Priest cream his pants.

It's always a bit awkward to review bands that I'm friends with.. but if it's good then it's fucking good and it deserves to be talked about whether we're friends or not.
And this is fucking good!
So good, in fact, that I've been listening to it on repeat for the better part of my afternoon in order to learn all the words so I can shout along the next time I see them live.
Because I'm a nerd like that.
And because each time I listen to it I feel like they're just begging me to sing with them.
Like, reaching their hands out of the speakers towards my throat... not in a I'm-going-to-strangle-you-to-death sort of way, but in a I'm-going-to-strangle-you-with-awesome pleading sort of way!

Check them out:



Stole this from their FACEBOOK - done by Savannah Parent



I'm Sarah. I do what I want.