NXNE 2013: Lydia Loveless @ Lee's Palace

Not something I will go out of my way to see again, but a great filler band to keep my attention as I waited impatiently for Ian Blurton's new band to hit the stage.
The drummer looked super stoked to be there and I had old men dancing all around me.
I had never heard of Lydia Loveless until this show.
To be honest the name is kind of boring and didn't jump out at me as something I would want to check out.
It screams 'drab country'.
But NXNE is about experiencing new artists and seeing musicians you normally wouldn't pay to see for the first time.
She/they were playing between a friends band and my idol, Ian Blurton, so I decided to stick it out and see what happened.
I was right about the country, but it was way less drab than I expected.
It was actually pretty rockin'.
With Marty from Supersuckers on guitar, this female-fronted country rock band featuring Weird Al on stand-up bass (kidding, he just had great hair like Weird Al) was almost borderline rockabilly/punkabilly at times.
I'd like to dub it... cuntrock! And I don't mean that in a bad way.
She had a great voice, and the bass player was fucking fantastic to watch handle an instrument about as big to him as his hair was to his head.
Not something I will go out of my way to see again, but a great filler band to keep my attention as I waited impatiently for Ian Blurton's new band to hit the stage. CLICK HERE FOR MORE PHOTOS!

I'm Sarah. I do what I want.