Another fucking cool Hamilton band. What the fuck Hamilton!

What the fuck is happening in Hamilton? Did somebody spike their water supply with a magic potion that makes the whole city genius songwriters?
Fuck.
They even know how to make boring mainstream pop rock sound good.
When I first skimmed through the email from Thought Beneath Film talking about how they write 'straight up pop rock tunes' and they 'want to be the biggest band in the world' I was pretty sure I would hate them. Like without a mrs-doubtfire.
And since I'm trying this new 'if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all' thing as of late I was going to just delete the email and move on to the next review ... until the word 'Hamilton' caught my eye.
I've had a ton of Hamilton bands email me lately and they've all been fantastic, so I figured I'd at least have give this a listen.
So glad I did.
They're almost as good as their ego is big, and hey if ego's are like penai, the bigger the better!
And, considering all the 'do do do do do do' and 'woo hoo hoo's that plague their pop, it's a huge compliment that I can't actually bring myself to make fun of them because I'm too busy getting jiggy with it.
They even have lyrics like 'my hearts on overdrive' and I want so badly to tear them apart for it but, like, it's fucking catchy as hell.. I hate that I actually love it. I love all of their yucky words and hooks.
They've kinda thrown a stick into the wheel of my bicycle this afternoon because as the sun peaks out behind the clouds I find myself not wanting to move on to the next review in the list of like 10 I'm aiming to finish today, instead I just want to sit back with a joint and bop-bop-bop along to this sickeningly awesome pop rock album.
DAMMIT HAMILTON.

Here's the fucking single.


I'm Sarah. I do what I want.