Jarek Hardy - "New York Alone"

"Expect the unexpected."
I don't know who said it, and fuck looking it up because my body is currently battling the plague.
I like the hears of it, but living by it in this robotic day in music is tricky.
I've come to expect 'the same old' whenever I'm asked to review something.
I know, I'm a pessimist.
(at least I am when I'm sick.)
Thankfully there are still musicians out there who can cause a 'Lucille Bluth when Gene Parmesan shows up' surprise in me.

This is what I looked like when I first heard/watched Jarek Hardy (from The Johnstones) 's new song/video "New York Alone".
Let's be real, it wasn't at all what I was expecting from the ska kid with his Tall Guy Short Guy past.
This time you hear Jarek alone with the rasp in his voice and a guitar, which he has random New Yorker's excitingly sign in the video.
The song shows a far more mature, folksy driven side of J Hard and I fucking love it.
It's teasingly beautiful, retreating before going all out like you want it to.. I can't wait to hear what's next.

"To expect the unexpected shows a thoroughly modern intellect." Oscar Wilde
So what does that say about those who LIVE the unexpected?

I'm Sarah. I do what I want.